It's Friday! Time to look back over the last week and take note of the blessings and good things in our life. Thanks for coming around again this week and joining me! Guidelines are linked in the sidebar if you are new to Friday's Fave Five.
So in no particular order here are some good things that stood out for me:
1. Dinner out with Hubby's sister and brother in law. We went to the river bottom's golf course where they put on a delicious buffet. Sitting out on the patio the view is gorgeous. It was a lovely sunny, warm evening with NO wind. The food was excellent and don't tell but I think we ate our weight in ribs. It was really nice catching up with his sis and her hubby whom we just don't see that often even though we live in the same city.
2. Day trip to my happy place...the mountains. Waterton Park is such a short distance away and yet the scenery is so different from where we live. It's a blessing being that close to the mountains and to such a lovely mountain town. It's definitely a place that makes me happy to be in and we try to make the trip at least once a year. A hot dog roast, a walk around town or a small hike, coffee at one of the restaurants and it makes for a gorgeous, relaxed day making me one very happy girl!
Oh, hello bear!
(no idea who the black and white dog is)
3. Coffee delivered with a smile from a dayhome parent. It's really a nice treat when a dayhome parent texts me in the morning to ask if I would like a coffee from the Starbuck's or Tim Horton's and then brings it when they drop the kids off. It's a special treat and makes me feel really special.
4. Fresh painted doors. Hubby has spray painted the front and back outside doors and what a difference. It looks like we have brand new doors. It freshens up the entries with such a small amount of effort.
5. The smell of fresh cut grass. I was out with the kids after Hubby had mowed the lawn and I realized how much I loved that fresh cut smell. It was wonderful just being out there savoring it the moment. A small thing but it made me smile all the same.
What were your favorite blessings this week?