Welcome to this week's addition of Friday's Fave Five. Come and join us as we find our blessings in the midst of our week and share 5 of them. The point is to notice and find and be thankful for the good things in our lives no matter what kind of week we are having.
1. A lovely Mother's Day. I just wanted a quiet Mother's Day this year, doing sweet nothin'. I wanted to go to church. I wanted to read my book. I wanted to stay at home. And my family blessed me with it all. Hubby got our traditional KFC, and some yummy salads. He even made a special trip to Costco for their tiramisu because he knows I love it. Lovely gifts from him and the kids made me feel like a queen and thoroughly spoiled. Very thankful for my family and how they made me feel special.
2. Just being with Hubby. Saturday Hubby and I just spent running around doing errands. Just normal everyday things that needed doing but we did them together. And we rounded it out with a yummy coffee served to us by our daughter who works at the coffee shop.
3. Refreshing Rain. We've had a bit of rain this week which has washed everything clean and made it smell lovely. I was able to get some fertilizer on the lawn so am expecting a nice green color in the back yard when the sun comes back out. It helped to soften up the soil in the flour beds so I can get to digging and prepping it for flowers next week.
4. A wonderful massage therapist. I am very thankful for this lady who does my massage. She really goes out of her way. She accommodated me for extra time so she could work on my leg and knee which were acting up. And when I left there my knee felt way better than it has for more than a week.
5. A rest from the gym. I really enjoy my workouts at the gym most days but with the knee acting up I thought I would give it a good rest and just let it heal. While I was put out that I had some kind of injury to begin with I also learned my lesson from the last time and I knew to rest it and not push it. I actually appreciated the time off and am now ready to get back to it.
What blessings did you enjoy this last week?