Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday's Fave Five #310


Welcome everyone to Friday's Fave Five.  This last week has pretty much been a write off for me as I have been sick for almost 2 weeks and it's just wiped me out.  But I have to stop in and do FFF because even though physically I was feeling the pits there were many good blessings to find in the week too!  Please join in!


1.  Ladies Study Christmas Party.  Monday night was our study groups Christmas party.  I had volunteered my home more than 3 weeks ago and as it came to the night I wondered if I was out of my mind to still have it here.  But a few cold meds and advil later, I was able to get the house cleaned up from the dayhome kids there that day and it turned out to be a huge blessing.  Even though I crashed right after it was such a fun evening that I wouldn't have traded hosting it.  We are now done for the year, and even though I will miss it I really need some time to get some Christmas related stuff done!

2.  This made me smile




These are high school kids and I thought they did such a good job.  It must have taken much practice and really good listening skills to come right in on their cues.  And the concept of monks who had taken a vow of silence "singing" the Hallelujah chorus was fun.


3.  Starbucks hand delivered to my door by a wonderful dayhome parent who thought it would be nice to treat me.  She brought me one I haven't tried before...chestnut praline latte.  Yummy.

4.  Helping hands.  Saturday was the day we had planned to put up the tree.  In all honesty, because I was sick the task seemed daunting to me.  I woke up Saturday morning to hubby having the tree up and halfway finished with the lights.  And my youngest decorated it in the evening while we attended a dinner we had committed to.  What a blessing it was!

5.  Christmas music.  Love filling the house with Christmas songs and music.  Like my daughter posted on facebook:  "I don't think a lot of people realize how powerful the lyrics to O Holy Night are... "And in His Name all oppression shall cease".  I think she is right.  I think it's that way with a lot of the Christmas songs we sing.  We go on autopilot with the lyrics and don't really pause to think about what we are actually saying.  They are powerful!

Well those are the ones that came to mind for me.  It's going to be a bit busy for me this weekend.  A lot of Christmas shopping that hasn't gotten done because I've been to exhausted after work and maybe even some baking.  Hopefully my energy level will get up there a bit and I can go, go, go.  Have a wonderful weekend.

What have been your favorite blessings this week?




13 comments:

Faith said...

I pray you are feeling better really soon. I'm fighting a sore throat that I'm hoping won't turn into a cold. my husband has been out all week with it! ugh....but I'm glad you had a great xmas party and that your tree is up. I love sitting by mine in the evenings. happy weekend!

Melanie said...

I've seen the silent monk's video So funny! And creative. That Starbuck's flavor sounds very good. I love to try different coffees. The nearest Starbuck's to me is about 30 miles so I don't get there often. Have a blessed day.

Barbara H. said...

I'm sorry you've been sick the past few weeks! Never fun, but it can be a particular problem this tine of year. Hope you're feeling better asap.

We had our Christmas party this week, too. One of the highlights of the year. I'm glad you were able to host it.

That's so true with carols. One devotional book I am going through has some of them printed throughout the book, and it has been nice to just read through them.

Monica said...

What a thoughtful parent! Very nice surprise! :)
SO glad your Christmas get together with your study group was a blessing. Isn't it just like Him to bless us when we least expect it?
My tree is still not up... oh well, Christmas will come anyway, right?
O Holy Night is my husbands most favorite. It is very powerful! LOVE Christmas hymns!
Hop you are feeling yourself very soon! {{hugs}}

nikkipolani said...

I'm so sorry about the long weeks of not being well. Hopefully, you'll bounce back soon. It's amazing you could host the party. Christmas music that speaks of truth is truly uplifting, isn't it?

Willow said...

I love that Silent Monks video! Makes me laugh every time I watch it.
I'm sorry you're not feeling well-I'm sure Starbucks will help :) I just noticed that chestnut praline drink on a sign, but haven't tried it.
More weekly kudos for your helping hubby!

Jerralea said...

Sorry you've not been well but it sounds like a good week in spite of everything.

Love the Silent Monks video!

Anonymous said...

I, too, hope you are feeling tip top very soon. What a sweet hubby you have. He's a keeper for sure! I love Christmas music and it really puts me in a good mood.

Gattina said...

Today is my last day here in Egypt, but Christmas has also moved into the hotel ! A wonderful Xmas tree and beautiful decorations everywhere !

Jhona O. said...

Fantastic performance! I tried the Chestnut Praline Latte with my hubby...DELICIOUS! So nice of you to have that special treat :)

Gattina said...

No Friday's five this week ?

Ann said...

I didn't look at date but just added my FFF for 12/26. Will there be another one for this week? Thanks. Loved the monks.

Willow said...

Susanne, Is everything OK?