Welcome everyone to Friday's Fave Five. It's been a frosty chilly week here in Southern Alberta but there is still good things to find. What about you? Will you join us in looking for blessings throughout your week? If you need guidelines they are linked in the sidebar.
1. An extra day off. Remembrance Day here in Alberta is a holiday for most people (except retail). I usually take it off but this year I said I would stay open because I had taken a couple days off for a conference last month. But no one took advantage of the offer and I ended up with the day off anyway. It was really nice to sleep in a bit and sit and have a coffee or three while reading my book without being in a rush.
2. Hard working Hubby. He's been filling holes and ridges, sanding, and painting. Our room with the couch and tv in the basement (what do they call those nowadays? they used to call them rumpus rooms once upon a time) has needed a reno for some time. The walls were definitely showing use and abuse. Being paneling that had been painted over, it needed work. He skim coated dry wall, filled all the ridges, sanded it smooth and painted. Now they look like regular walls and I'm loving the fresh colors. Revere Pewter from Benjamin Moore on three walls and a light fresh blue on one wall. I'm not usually a fan of grey on the walls but mixed with the light blue it looks fresh, clean and new. I took my color inspiration from this minus all the white. Just our ceiling is white.
3. Encouraging words. Nothing like a few words of sincere encouragement that gives the soul a boost! I'm very thankful for those who share words like that.
4. Big fluffy duvets. I finally broke down and put the big quilt on the bed and now I'm wondering what on earth took me so long. Maybe I was hoping for more warmth in our fall but let's just call a spade a spade. It is darn cold this week. I mean, yesterday morning was -24*C (-11*F). What was I waiting for?
5. More clutter out the door. Another box to Thrift Village. I love the feeling I get when I made some hard decisions about stuff. Amazing how freeing it is when it is actually gone out the door. I wonder what on the earth the struggle was to let it go?
What are your favorite blessings this week?