Welcome to this edition of Friday's Fave Five. This Friday came quickly. It's been a hectic and wonderful week. We Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving this past weekend so it's been a short work week. Join us as we take a moment and reflect back to think of our favorite blessings from the week.
1. Family. Holidays bring my little family together and I love that. My older daughter comes home and even my medic son was home for this holiday. It was wonderful. Everyone gathered around good food and good conversation. It made my small house alive!
2. Food. Thanksgiving also brings with it good food. I love the Thanksgiving meal. Sunday I made the meal. We like the traditional turkey here, with all the trimmings. Yum, yum. Then Monday my sis hosts a meal for my dad and there we had a delicious ham meal because my dad is allergic to turkey. . I was a good girl and only had one dessert at each.
3. Safe Travels. I'm always thankful when my oldest makes it here and then back to her city safely. It's a long drive on a very busy highway so when I get that txt saying she made it, I am very thankful.
4. Coffee and a good book. I'm reading the latest from one of my favorite authors and I'm really enjoying it. Monday being the holiday gave me a little extra time to put my feet up, grab that extra cup of coffee and just enjoy getting into the story without a million interruptions.
5. My hubby's sacrifice of his time and money to take me to a show he didn't necessarily want to see. I really wanted to go to When the Game Stands Tall. I'm a sucker for a good "based on a true story" sports film. I really enjoyed it. It did however have lots of game play and I couldn't help feeling for my hubby as he is not a sports fan by any stretch of the imagination and I knew he was lost during the "football talk". It made me love him all the more for taking me knowing he was probably quite bored through those parts of the film. True love. :)
What are your favorites this week?