Three Hundred? Can you believe it's been 300 weeks of gratefulness and looking for the good things in one's life. Three hundred weeks of being thankful to God for the wonderful things that come our way no matter how small? If you've been with me since the beginning that is 1500 individual items that we have taken note of in our lives that was good. Big things and wee little things. What a time it's been! Made lots of friends along the way. And I'm so grateful for each and every one of you that joined me in the journey. It wouldn't have been the same without you! My focus has changed and I've been more aware of God's blessings especially during hard times. So join me once again as we continue on developing this habit of noticing the good things in our lives and being grateful for them.
1. New babes working out well. I have a couple of new babes in dayhome and that can sometimes be really stressful. They are precious and wonderful but let's face it, they are thrown into a situation they can in no way understand. All of a sudden Mom who's been home their whole little lives is suddenly not. And they are being passed off to someone they don't know in a house they don't know for lengths of time they don'e get. It's a lot for them. My little guy who started at the beginning of September has adjusted wonderfully. After a little fussing immediately at drop off he's transitioned into waving bye to his mom and getting on with playing and cuddling. He's an absolute joy and a very smiley little boy. My little girl who's come a handful of times starts full time on the first of October has been the definition of mellow. Hasn't fussed once when her mom has gone out the door. So hopefully that will continue too. So thankful for the smooth transitions as I was a bit stressed over the summer about it.
2. Beautiful weather. We've had summer temperatures this week and it's made for good playtime outside which is always a blessing. When we can get out and run off some energy and play in sunshine it makes for a much better day for everyone. We've had lots of that this week.
3. Hard working hubby. He took it upon himself to learn how to lay a sidewalk and he's doing a wonderful job. The concrete at the back of the house needed replacing because it had sunk and shifted and broken. He looked it up and studied how to do it and then grabbed the bull by the horns. So thankful for his initiative to learn how to do it yourself.
4. Fall colors. I've taken out bits of pieces of fall decorating and it's reminded me how much I love the colors of fall. The plums, burgundies, oranges and gold and browns. Living in those colors just makes me feel good.
5. BBQ! With the nice weather the bbq is still being used and on the weekend I thought I'd try chicken breasts still with the bone attached with PC Apple Butter BBQ Sauce. Oh my goodness, it was so delicious! The meat was moist and tender, and the apple-cinnamony bbq sauce was so delicious! With oven roasted baby potatoes and corn on the cob it was an absolutely perfect Sunday lunch.
What were your favorites this week?