Friday, August 22, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #296
This week has been a pretty uneventful week here at Living to Tell. In a sense, that makes it so much harder to do a Friday's Fave Five. No big shebangs, no big moments...just one moment melting into another all week long. It's probably a good thing this little 'ol meme of FFF is around so that I can focus and actually take notice those blessings. Please join me and find your own five that you'd like to share from the week.
1. A bike ride all on my own. When I go on a bike ride it's usually with my hubby. It's one of our favorite summer time activities to do together. But last Sunday he wasn't available and I had the itch to go for a ride so I went on my own. Now I loooove our rides together but that particular afternoon it just felt right being alone with my own thoughts and just having a little time with the Lord. It was beautiful outside and I rode in an area we usually don't bike in together, I got in some exercise enjoying something I like to do. Altogether a lovely hour.
2. Supper cooked for us by friends. We had a lovely bbq steak dinner cooked for us by dear friends on Saturday night. It was a lovely evening of good food and good company.
3. A fairly quiet week at work. During the summer the weeks are up and down as families are on holidays. After a very hectic week it was really nice to have a week that was more slower paced with less children. It was also a week where it has been raining almost daily so it was nicer to have less children being cooped up. I could give more individual attention and they played really nicely together.
4. The smell of rain. How I love that scent and wish it could be bottled in it's true form.
5. Selling the large table out of the craft room. I had a huge solid wood table that dominated the little kitchen that is my craft room. I don't know why on earth I kept that one instead of the smaller one I originally had but I've been regretting that decision for years. This one totally took over that small room. I picked up just the right size at a neighbor's yard sale for cheap and was able to sell the bigger one within a couple of days and get it out of here. This was a real blessing for me and it feels so much better in that room now. Funny how sometimes you don't realize that something is just taking over until you actually have it gone and then you wonder why it took you so long.
So there some blessings hiding in my week. I just had to look for them. What were your favorites this week?