Another week has just whipped by here at the Living to Tell household. I had such great intentions of putting up at least a couple of posts, but alas, time had other ideas. But I really don't want to miss doing FFF and purposefully looking for and being thankful for good things in my week. It's almost most important to purposefully pause to do this discipline as things can go by unnoticed in a busy or stress filled week. So please join in with me. If you are new, welcome...the guidelines are here and then you can just join right in!
1. K. was able to get a new place already. After being flooded out of her basement suite, written about here, I have to admit I was fighting worry about her finding another place. But find it she did, for a great price, out of a basement and into an apartment and one that will even allow her two cats. She gets it August 1 and will have a leisurely 3 weeks to move in so she can really go through her things in the storage unit and make sure they survived the water without damage. Praise God for his provision!
2. Playground Opportunity. It has been smoking hot here this week and one day this week I only had 2 of the older dayhome kids so we had the opportunity to fly the coop and go to the playground at the lake. It's a wonderful huge playground that is fairly new with lots to do. The boys were running for the full two hours we were there burning off all their energy. And it wasn't too hot because we went in the morning. A nice peaceful afternoon followed.
3. The best ribs I've ever made if I do say so myself. Love, love, love bbq'd ribs but rarely make them because I'm spoiled with Tony Roma's ribs and mine never turn out quite tender enough or tasty enough. But now I know the secret. I followed this method, though I did not use her rub, I had some in my cupboard I needed to use up. But I rubbed away, wrapped it in the foil and let it sit 24 hours in the fridge. Threw them on a hot grill for a few minutes the next day and slathered them with this BBQ sauce and it was delicious melt in your mouth goodness. Along with a fresh bowl of creamy coleslaw it was one good supper!
4. Long Bike ride with breakfast out following. Sunday Hubby and I and our T. went for a long bike ride. And I mean long. It was gorgeous out, I was with family and we were doing something we all enjoyed. Couldn't have been more pleasant. Topping it off with breakfast out at our favorite breakfast place was like the icing on the best of cakes.
5. Lots of reading time. With the weather being hot, I took the pool out for a couple of days this week. The kids love it and spend hours playing and I get to sit on the deck watching them and reading while sipping a nice ice water or iced chai tea latte. The best of summer!
What were your favorites blessings this week?