Friday, June 13, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #287
Hi everyone! Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. I actually can't believe it's time for our weekly excursion into gratefulness and noticing our blessings. How can it be that I didn't even post since the last FFF? But it is what it is, I guess. Just the way it went this week. But I do like to make sure I do this post as it helps me to refocus in all that busyness. Please join me in looking for the good things from the last week.
1. Finally finding a floor lamp we both like. Who woulda known that something as simple as a floor lamp would hold us up a month. When our other floor lamp finally gave up the ghost we had to get another but the place we usually buy these kinds of things from didn't have any we liked. Nor 3 other stores we checked. Finally, after a month of sitting in much less light than we desired, we found a lamp we both loved. What we love most about it is that it's a dimmer style rather than a tri-light style. Those tri-lights were driving me crazy with one or more of the levels very quickly burning out. But this dimmer is really nice. Hopefully it lasts many a year!
2. Sign at the lighting store. "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be great". So, so true. Too often we miss the joys of life because we are seeking a perfect life. There is beauty and a great life in spite of imperfections.
3. Impacting church service. Last Sunday's service was just really wonderful. The worship flowed and the message was really good. I'm very thankful for the congregation that God has lead us to and made us a part of.
4. Beautiful areas to walk and bike. We are really blessed in this city to have lots of nice walkways and paths to bike ride on. Our river valley is just gorgeous and a beautiful little getaway in nature. I'm thankful for these areas and for the city making them and upkeeping them for their citizens to enjoy!
5. A better diet. I am no way near perfect in my diet. Far from it. But I have been trying to make small changes here and there hoping they add up. Less sugary stuff, more fresh and cooked veggies, eating a healthy breakfast. I'm starting to notice a difference on days I do well compared to days don't. Hopefully it can kick me into making permanent changes.
What have been your favorite blessings this week?