It's Fridays Fave 5 time! Are you ready to take note of the blessings that touched you life this last week?
Join us as we choose 5 of them to share. I had quite a busy week with some unexpected surprises thrown in.
1. Unexpected meeting with friends. Last Friday I was off a little bit early and so was hubby so we decided to get a chore off the list and go grocery shopping rather than putting it off. Afterward a quick bite to eat at a fast food restaurant so I wouldn't have to cook. While standing in line in walk our friends who, coincidentally were grabbing a bite before they hit the grocery store themselves. It was a fun unexpected visit with good company.
2. Unexpected dinner and show invitations. Saturday night brought another blessing of good company in the form of a dinner invite to a great restaurant and then to a ABBA tribute show. My friend and her husband treated us to both. It was a lovely evening and nice to get to know her hubby a bit better, too. I like having another couple that we can go out with once in awhile.
3. Long weekend. I always love the May long weekend. It's sorta the unofficial kick-off to summer. It's a weekend of relaxation, some yard work, bikes rides and just enjoying the weather and that extra time off. Well, this year the weather wasn't sunny and nice so yard work fell by the wayside but it was still nice to relax and get caught up on a few other things.
4. Extra help for those "spring" chores that pile up. Since T. has been home from bible school she's been trying to apply and look for a job. Well she's been hired on at a couple but it takes a bit of time to get that first pay check and in the interim, she had a couple of expenses and needed to fill her gas tank. So in exchange for helping her out with some of that she has offered to work around the house. Lots of my walls and baseboards are now fresh and clean thanks to her efforts. And it's a load off my mind because sometimes it just seems hard enough to get the weekly chores done around here never mind the extra stuff. And I can rest knowing she's not going to be running out of gas by herself somewhere.
5. A summer type of day. After some rainy and cooler days last week we've had a lovely couple of days that culminated in a wonderful summer type of day yesterday with sunshine and temperatures reaching 28*C (82*F). It was awesome to spend almost the whole day outdoors with the kids soaking up that sunshine and Vitamin D! Hopefully it will go on into the weekend and I can actually get that bike ride in!
What were your favorite blessings from the week?
Well we'll be off to finally buy my bedding out plants this weekend and hopefully I can get them in the ground! Hope you have a wonderful week!