Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday's Fave Five #280



Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Thanks for joining me in this weekly exercise of looking for the good things in the ordinary everyday.  If you are joining in for the first time, the guidelines are here.


1.  My purring cat sitting up by my shoulders as I read or watch tv.  It's totally a comfort thing.  It just makes me feel at peace.

2.  Off work early.  There have been several days this week where I have been able to be off early from work.  This is a huge blessing. What a difference an extra hour makes!   I've been able to get to the gym earlier a couple of times or run an errand or two before supper. Or just relax and enjoy making supper rather than rushing.   It makes my evenings so much more relaxed.

3.  Open windows.  It's been so nice to just open up the windows and let the spring air into the house.  The breeze blowing through, the smell of spring earth as it dries, the chirping of the birds.  So nice.

4.  Banana cheesecake with banana bread cubes and caramel drizzle.  Tried this flavor of cheesecake for the first time at one of my fave restaurants.  Let's see, how many ways can I say yummy.  I may just have to try a homemade version of this sometime!



5.  Walks.  This last week I've been able to get outside for a few walks.  It's been lovely as we've been so cooped up for months in this last winter.  Just being outside in the fresh air and get movement and oxygen lifts my spirits.  And in a week where some hard things in friend's lives have been weighing heavy in my heart and constantly in my mind, it's been a great blessing to be able to get outside and clear my mind and walk it off.

Not a lot of big exciting stuff in my past week yet there was blessings to be found in the simple things.  What have been your favorites in this past week?







10 comments:

Willow said...

Your faves seem to be the little things this week.
Walks are the best, aren't they? And you had the extra hours in your day to get those walks in.

LivingforGod said...

That cheesecake looks really good. Enjoy spring and enjoy walking :)!

Have a blessed weekend in the Lord!

Faith said...

I love walks outside!! That is great that you had some time at the gym and relaxing evenings.....love that!! I'm not a cat person but I'm guessing he/ she is a great comfort to you! I hope you continue to have a week full of sunshine and warm winds!

Barbara H. said...

Wow, that banana cheesecake looks wonderful. Too bad we don't have that restaurant here!

I can imagine how great it is to have an extra hour off in the afternoons. Glad you got to experience that a few times this week!

nikkipolani said...

Your sound a little bit like Noah on #4 ;-) So nice to have more spring-like weather. And some free time to enjoy it. Well, not entirely "free" but extra!

Jerralea said...

Off work early and open windows are some of my faves, too!

That dessert certainly looks yummy but I guess there are no Ricky's in the states, at least not in my area! If you come up with a recipe, please share!

Have a wonderful rest of the week and enjoy the Spring air.

Kathie said...

I'm enjoying many of the same things Susanne - although we're still not opening the windows for long! what a winter!! So glad to see the snow finally melting.

That dessert looks so good - banana desserts are my favourites.

I agree - cats are good company!

I went out for a nice long walk this week too - it certainly feels good.

Happy weekend Susanne!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like Spring is coming to you finally. Glad you had a good week...

Faith said...

Just left you a comment after yours on the book review!

Jo-Lynne Shane said...

That banana cheesecake looks AMAZING.....