Friday, April 11, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #280
Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Thanks for joining me in this weekly exercise of looking for the good things in the ordinary everyday. If you are joining in for the first time, the guidelines are here.
1. My purring cat sitting up by my shoulders as I read or watch tv. It's totally a comfort thing. It just makes me feel at peace.
2. Off work early. There have been several days this week where I have been able to be off early from work. This is a huge blessing. What a difference an extra hour makes! I've been able to get to the gym earlier a couple of times or run an errand or two before supper. Or just relax and enjoy making supper rather than rushing. It makes my evenings so much more relaxed.
3. Open windows. It's been so nice to just open up the windows and let the spring air into the house. The breeze blowing through, the smell of spring earth as it dries, the chirping of the birds. So nice.
4. Banana cheesecake with banana bread cubes and caramel drizzle. Tried this flavor of cheesecake for the first time at one of my fave restaurants. Let's see, how many ways can I say yummy. I may just have to try a homemade version of this sometime!
5. Walks. This last week I've been able to get outside for a few walks. It's been lovely as we've been so cooped up for months in this last winter. Just being outside in the fresh air and get movement and oxygen lifts my spirits. And in a week where some hard things in friend's lives have been weighing heavy in my heart and constantly in my mind, it's been a great blessing to be able to get outside and clear my mind and walk it off.
Not a lot of big exciting stuff in my past week yet there was blessings to be found in the simple things. What have been your favorites in this past week?