Friday, April 04, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #279
Good Morning Everyone! I got my days a bit mixed up and totally missed posting this last night. My apologies. It's just been that kind of week. But here we are at Friday and so that means it's time to look for blessings in our last week. Please join us. Guidelines are here if you are new.
1. Trying new dishes. I love to try out new dishes and find some new favorites, both at home and at restaurants. And a new one was found this last weekend. Chicken Creole. Chicken breast, scallops, shrimp with just a dash of a bit of slightly spicy sauce. So good. There was a time I hated scallops until I actually had a scallop that was cooked properly. Yummy.
2. Stuffed Baked potatoes. Or otherwise known as Twice Baked. I know. It's another food item. Oh well. What can I say. But I would be remiss because this really was a favorite. It was a restaurant. I really need to give these a try at home. They are so delicious.
3. Spring Pedicure. I've only had a couple in my life because of the price. But a new spa beside my gym had a promo on for super duper cheap. I booked an appointment for me and my friend, we grabbed a huge Starbucks and spent a wonderful hour being pampered and now have nice soft feet and spring colored toes to show for it. Now if the weather would just co-operate I could actually take them out of my socks and shoes.
4. Spring Cleaning slowly being chipped away at. I just can't take big chunks of time to get it all done at once. So I've been slowly chipping away at it. And it feels really good. The house smell wonderful. I've been using Avon peppermint vanilla bubble bath to wipe down my kitchen and inside the cupboards and everything is sparkling. Love it.
5. Wonderful time with the Ladies Study Group. This last Monday night we cancelled study but 5 of us still ended up meeting. We went and visited with one of our ladies in the hospital and then came back here for coffee, chat and prayer. It was off the routine and turned out to be a great evening. Love when that happens. And love having the blessing of a great group of ladies.
What have been your favorite blessings from the week. You might have had a very busy, bit overwhelming week such as I had but there are still blessings to be found if we would just turn our hearts to look. Sometimes they are easy to find and sometimes we really have to search hard. But there can be moments of things that touch our lives to make them better.