Hello everyone! Hope you like my springy tulip button. I had to put it up because nothing else around here is springy. The weather is sure trying to give us Albertans whip lash as it groans and moans into spring going from one extreme to the next. After warm weather last week which lead to a way too fast melt which led to issues with our water, the first day of spring around here brought us more white stuff. Yes, it is snowing here yesterday and today. But I will look at the positive and take note that it is heavy, big snow, full of moisture. Definitely a spring type of snow. So please join me in looking for the positive and the blessing in our everyday lives. If you need details they are here.
This week all my favorite blessings are about being satisfied and content. It just seemed to be that kind of week for me. I found it brought peace to look for some small things that brought a satisfaction to my life this week.
1. Satisfying scents. Just Breathe by Scentsy warming in my cute little bird warmer. I love, love, love this scent. It's so relaxing with eucalyptus, lemon and mint. I really does make it easy to breathe in the room and is just so nice smelling it in the evening. And the bird warmer makes me smile.
2. Satisfying reading. I love when I finish a 3 book series with a satisfied sigh. Some series start to fizzle as the books go on, but one I just finished didn't do that. I found the last one as strong as the first and kept me just as glued to the story and invested into the characters and the what was happening to them. And the bonus was it had a surprise twist I totally didn't see coming that totally wrapped up the story so well. Loved the Hanover Falls Series. More of a review on the last book to come. Book 1 & 2 are reviewed here and here.
3. Satisfying Meals. This week some really yummy, satisfying meals have found their way to my table. Some of the deliciousness included Serbian Ground Beef, Pork Roast with Apples and oven fried chicken drumsticks. Yummy.
4. Satisfying morning starts. 3 days this week I was able to start work about 45 minutes later than usual. What a difference this makes. Instead of a groggy rush, I got a few extra minutes in bed to wake up slower, I got to relax with my coffee and getting ready even got to actually spend a few minutes chatting with hubby before he went to work. A so much more satisfying way to start the day.
5. Satisfying time spent with a friend I don't get to see often. We celebrated our birthdays way, way too late with a hockey game and then dessert at a fancy restaurant. It was fun and it was nice to catch up and just spend some time together.
What were your favorite blessings from the week?