Friday, December 13, 2013
Friday's Fave Five #261
Whew, where did that week go? It just zipped right by. So glad to have FFF to force me to take a pause and notice the good things that God has blessed me with. Please join me!
1. Staff Christmas dinner. Hubby's staff dinner was this week. They are a very small staff of three so it was a really nice intimate dinner at a really great restaurant. I ate entirely way too much but every bite was delicious from the coconut shrimp and deep fried pickle appetizers, cooked to perfection steak and sides and finishing with white chocolate banana cream pie. The company was great and it was nice to celebrate with the people my hubby works with.
2. Learning the ins and outs of my new phone. While I have to admit technology strains my brain, I have really been enjoying learning what this phone can do. I've actually enjoyed the challenge. While I have no delusions and know it's going to take me a while to learn all the things this phone has to offer (and probably won't use nearly all of them), it has been fun playing around. I've especially loved the great camera it has and the fun features and modes the camera can use.
3. Discovering a family favorite dish. The other night I had a pound of pork cubes and had no idea what to do with it and not much motivation. I googled pork and rice and came across this recipe: Slow Cooker Thai Pork with Peppers. I changed it up just a tad; I didn't have fresh ginger, but had this wonderful Thai spice called Thai Sigh. So I cut the garlic in the recipe back to 4 knowing that there was garlic in the blend and skipped the fresh ginger, again knowing it was in the blend. I added a teaspoon of dried cilantro and let it cook away. Oh my goodness it was delicious. Definitely was a big hit! I've got fresh ginger on the grocery list so I'm going to try it exactly the way it was written and I'm thinking it will be even better because of the fresh ingredient.
4. Candy Cane ice cream. A seasonal favorite, I found one that has some chocolate pieces in it too. Yummy!
5. Covergirl LipPerfection. Love this stuff. Very light with just a hint of sheer color, a touch of gloss and tons of stuff that makes my lips really soft. And with this crazy Alberta weather we've been having my lips have been getting so dry. This is the perfect thing for them.
What have been your favorite blessings for the week?