Friday, November 08, 2013
Friday's Fave Five #256
Oh my goodness, is it Friday all ready? Where did that week go? Fast or not, nevertheless it's still Friday and that means it's time to look for our Favorite Five blessings of the last week. Please join on in with us. If it's your first time here you can go here for the guidelines.
1. Movies with friends. Last Friday Hubby and I went to see Gravity with our friends. It was fun just to escape into a movie, another world for a couple of hours. I love movies about space to begin with but this one was in 3D and really unreal how they did all the shots. Hubby and I kept looking at each other saying, "I wonder how they did that". Nice outing for the two us with good friends.
2. Amazing service in church. We had a special guest speaker at church on Sunday. Jeff and Rowena Pessina from Philippine Frontline Ministries . These two have been ministering in the Philippines for 28 years and reach out to all but they have an amazing outreach to the thousands of kids who live on the streets in the Philippians. His message was touching and challenging. So good.
3. Lost 2 more lbs. 'nuff said.
4. Enjoying the Halloween leftovers. Hate Halloween, but sure do like the leftover mini chocolates. How I lost the 2 lbs eating those goodies this week, I'm not too sure.
5. A clean kitchen. A night where all the counters are cleaned off, the dishwasher is filled and humming and even the plastics are washed and out of the sink. Feels good.
Well my blessings were pretty simple this week. But I think I noticed them because my week has been hectic and they soothed my soul with their simple moments. Blessings don't always have to be huge and shouted from the rooftops, they can come quietly and subtley too. What were your favorite blessings from your week?