Friday, June 21, 2013

I can't believe this is happening.

Everytime I turn on the tv I want to cry.  Lovely Southern Alberta is being flooded.  Calgary, the big city getaway of our family, is flooded.



  Downtown is shut down, thousands are evacuated, whole neighborhoods are under water.



The Saddledome, home of the Calgary Flames is filled up at least 14 rows from ice level, dressing rooms totally wrecked.  It sits on the grounds where they hold the Calgary Stampede and Exhibition.  Which is supposed to be in two weeks.  All under water.  The Prime Minister just arrived.  The military has been called in.


Above photos courtesy of Sun News

The town of High River, 13,000 people, have been on mandatory evacuation, their homes flooded up to second stories.


Evacuating High River courtesy of Sun News



 Canmore, close to Banff,  being devastated by Cougar Creek.  It doesn't look like a creek right now.




Bragg Creek losing homes.  (If you don't want to hear the swear at the end of this one turn down your sound)


And more rain is in the future.  Please say a prayer for those affected.  It's heartbreaking!

Us?  We're are doing good.  The river is supposed to crest here this afternoon but it's not travelling as fast as they first thought.  They've had to open the dam up river so we will get river valley flooding.




10 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh my Susanne. This is devastating. I will pray for these regions.

Mom24 said...

It's definitely heartbreaking and we're hearing nothing. Thanks for sharing. Praying.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry Susanne! I will pray for the area. Flooding is a horrible thing!!

nikkipolani said...

Goodness, Susanne -- I had no idea the storms had such an impact. Sad sad sad scenes.

Paula said...

Oh, how terrible! Praying for all those affected by this tragedy. Glad you are safe.

Kathie said...

We've been following it constantly in the news - just devastating. Glad to know you're out of harm's way. Praying!

Karen said...

How devastating. I'm shocked by the photos. I'm so glad you are safe, Susanne, and am sending prayers for those affected.

Faith said...

Oh Susanne! this is awful! Praying for your region and all the families!! I am glad you're safe!! Thanks for posting the photos.....it helps to know what to pray for!!

Barbara H. said...

Such awful devastation. I will be praying. I'm glad you and your family are safe.

bluecottonmemory said...

Hope you guys are doing well - how awful for this community and its families - praying comfort and support for all of you!