Hi everyone! Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Time to take a breather from all the hectic-ness of Christmas preparations and look for the blessings that touched us this week. Sometimes when it's this busy and chaotic, with so much to do and so little time, with so much to remember we can very easily overlook how God is actually bringing blessing into our lives. This FFF helps us to just slow it down for a few minutes and notice. Guidelines are here if you need them.
1. Combined birthday celebrations. My friend's birthday was in November, mine is this month. I won a pair of tickets to a reading of "A Christmas Carol", so I invited her. She took me to a pizza dinner before and we finished off with my treat of dessert. I'd never been to a reading before and I must say that it was really good. The actors were so talented to be able to keep our attention as each of them read their "acts". And the whole evening was so much fun that we decided we were starting a new tradition of how we would celebrate our birthdays.
2. Treated to a delicious dinner of Chinese food. With two other couples, my hubby and I enjoyed an evening out. The food was delicious, the company wonderful, the laughter refreshing.
3. Christmas shopping done! Finished up totally today. What a relief!
4. Finding an evergreen & fir smelling candle that is nice and fresh tree like. I wanted this one but they were all out. Sad, sad, sad. But I actually found a nice smelling one that will do just fine. We have an artificial tree so I want to somehow get that luscious tree smell and by George, I think I've got it! And I got it for a waaaay better deal than I can find anywhere on the internet right now. Score!
5. And last, but certainly not least, is the fact that my son got a job in his field! I'm sorry he won't be here for Christmas, I'm sorry he had to leave so abruptly that we couldn't have an evening to share his gifts with him, but I'm really happy for his opportunity. I tucked a couple more smaller gifts into his suitcase so that he'll have a gift on Christmas and he'll be home in three weeks. We'll celebrate his birthday big time in lieu of.
What are your favorites for the week? Were you able to slow yourself down enough to take a look for them? I hope so, whether you share them with us or not. Have a great weekend everyone. I'm planning doing some gift wrapping, coffee drinking and general relaxing before it really gets crazy!