Already Friday! It's time for us to count our blessings. Time to look back over the last week and recognize and acknowledge some of the good things in our lives. Whether we are on the mountain top at the moment or having a valley experience, looking for and being thankful for the good things in our lives makes us a more joyful person. Please join in with us! If you need guidelines they are here.
1. Girl's night out. A few of us friends met at a local decorating stores Christmas open house night and just had fun munching on their goodies and looking at all the gorgeous decorations. As it turned out it was a really difficult day for all three of us and it was so good just to be together and let go of the previous hours and have the kind of fun that only a bunch of ladies window shopping together can have. We even stuck to our budgets and didn't get carried away! A miracle! As it turned out we ran into another handful of friends and we all went out for coffee after. Letting go of the day's trouble and finding the laughter was a great blessing.
2. My favorite flavor is back at Starbuck's. Caramel Brulee Latte. Love this stuff. And I must get there at least once over the next couple of days. Until the 18th between 2 and 5 p.m. it's buy one get one free! Hmmm, I can take hubby one day, daughter another day, maybe sister or a friend on the third day. Yes, must plan a coffee run, or three, over the next couple of days. Yummy coffees definitely are a blessing in my book.
3. A better report from the doctor for my Dad. What we thought was a definite surgical consult turned out to be better news than we thought. Instead Dad was sent home with a prescription that the doctor seems confident may help rather than having surgery. Total relief for my Dad. He'll have to have a revisit in 6 months and see the progress and then go from there. A doctor who doesn't jump right to surgery when there may be another way is a blessing.
4. A short work week. I had Monday off this week making it a 4 day work week. A little sleeping in, a little lazing around, a little date with hubby. Always a blessing.
5. Encouraging texts. I normally grumble about the text thing, how it takes over normal conversations, how it's hard to really discern the tone of texts and how mistakes and offenses can occur, how we've become a society who cannot be one minute without that electronic in our hands or ears. But I must admit when a text comes in in that just right moment that is encouraging and uplifting or humorous, I love it. Please note: taking and returning a text while driving is NOT the just right moment!!
What have your blessings been this week. If you can choose your 5 favorites and do a post, please sign onto Mr. Linky and let us come and visit with you. If you didn't do a FFF post, maybe skip the signing on to the Linky but feel free to share your faves in the comments if you'd like.