Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So yesterday was my Mom's 80th birthday.  I can hardly believe that.  Because that means I'm, oh well, never mind, that's not the story I want to tell.  Anyhoo, we were all sad that my K., my oldest could not be with us to celebrate.  Her and my Mom have a special bond.  She was my Mom's first grandchild.  But she sent her Grandma a beautiful bouquet with a very touching note, both of which made my Mom cry.  But we all had a good laugh, when the delivery person handed my Mom another note.  One which was meant for the delivery driver's eyes only, instructions on the delivery..  Why he gave it to her, we can only guess. But it did make us laugh.  It read as follows:

"80 years old.  Slow.  Give a her few minutes to get to the door.
If she doesn't answer, check the backyard."



**Just a note to add that my Mom thought it was so funny she's keeping the driver's notes for a good chuckle.

7 comments:

Barbara H. said...

How funny! Unfortunately it takes me a while to get to the door most times, too. I hate to think how much longer it'll take when I get to 80!

Faith said...

LOL that is GREAT susanne!! gee....i wonder how long it'll take me when I'M 80 since half the time it takes me a bit NOW....and i'm only 52! LOL!!! (it's usually cause i don't HEAR the doorbell!!)

Mom24 said...

Oh my goodness, so funny! Hope your mom has a sense of humor. Happy Birthday to her.

Carrie said...

HA! (Yes, a good thing she has a sense of humor!)

Happy 80th Birthday to your mother! How wonderful.

nikkipolani said...

That is totally hysterical!

Golap said...

Happy BIRTHDAY to Susans Mom...
You are writing a beautiful blog..
I should follow you Susan...
Another Day in Paradise

Michelle said...

Ha!! That's hysterical.Happy Belated Birthday to her..P.S. for the pictures they were taken with the iphone and hipstamatic which has all kinds of neat films/lenses ...