Hi everyone and welcome. Are you ready to share some blessings from your week? I hope you join in with us with your five favorite!
This week has just flown by. I've been so busy that I was only able to post once this week and didn't even realize that. And here it is Friday. Such is life. But I know there is blessings to be found in the midst of business if I just look for it. So in no particular order:
1. Wonderful long weekend. For us Canadians, Canada day was on Sunday, July 1. And because it was on a Sunday, that gave me Monday as a day off too! An extra day off on the weekend is always a favorite blessing. When you work long hours like I do, from 7:30 - 5 each day, that one extra day just to relax is most precious.
2. Getting outside. My long weekend was full of getting outside and enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. Hubby and I went for walks, though we did cut that one shorter than I would have liked because some nasty black clouds were blowing in. We went bike riding. And the weather was perfect for that. Sunny and warm with just a bit of coolness to the breeze. And then we went to the lake for a couple of hours to watch the kids enjoying the water. Love doing outdoor things on long weekends.
3. Books chosen. After humming and hawwing over what to read this summer, I finally settled on a few books anyway to get me started. I took this book to the lake, but could not get into it at all. So disappointing as reading is what I love to do at the lake. As mentioned here, I made a decision to avoid the library for this summer and make a concerted effort in whittling away at my own book pile that is at this time breeding and multiplying in my closet. So far I've chosen a Karen Kingsbury trilogy, and am totally drawn into the story. Now that's more like it. And I want to get to the two books that have been on my last two reading challenges but never saw the light of day. It's a great start to great summer reading. I always find the choosing of books half the fun. I'll have to let you know at the end of summer if I was able to stick to my rule of no library books.
4. Grilled steaks. What's a long weekend without something on the grill? And steaks were it for us on Monday. Yummy.
5. Surprise from hubby. We live in a house that was built in the 1950's. I really love it but have desired and dreamt of new cupboards for many, many, many years. This last week my dear Hubby told me to go ahead and start planning and checking into what I would like. I'm so excited. It's hard to choose. There are so many fun options to put in cupboards like this and this and this. Oh my, and this! Drool! But seeing as my budget is not unlimited and my kitchen space only so big, I need to really think through what would work best for me. But it sure is fun looking.
What have been your favorites from the past week? Share with us and sign your post onto Mr. Linky! Hope you all have another wonderful weekend.