Yikes, is it Friday already? Where have I been all week?. Missed the whole week of blogging but I'm not missing Fridays because today is the day to look back and find our blessings from the week. It's an exercise I find helps me to stay grateful in my life no matter what kind of week I'm having. And it's been a bit of a crazy one, that's for sure, with some unexpected things happening. I might just be digging deep to find those blessings. But that is the whole point of the exercise. There are blessings if we but take some time to look for them. Some are obvious, some not so much. But the point is looking for them, no matter the week. If you're new and would like to join in, please feel welcome. Stop on by here and read the guidelines and then just hop on board.
1. Vanilla Slices. Imagine light flaky puff pastry, fresh whipped cream, vanilla custard, raspberry jam, and a delicious smooth icing. Now you're thinking of one of my all time favorite desserts. Haven't had one for years because we couldn't find a bakery that made them anymore. That is until yesterday. We found them in a little dutch bakery in a little town just outside of my city. Good thing we have to drive a bit to get to them or I might indulge a little too often. But it was a really nice treat from hubby. Of course the picture is off the net because we devoured them before I could even say "camera".
pic courtesy of Village Bakery
2. Library Time. Always a pleasure. And this week was I found an unexpected half hour to wander the aisles and shelves. This time at the new library in town which means that all the books and videos are brand new. Of course I came out with way more books than I should have to add to the pile. Sheesh. Well I guess it will be just in time to decide what I want to read for...
3. This. The Spring Reading Thing 2012. I can't believe it's already that time. But I always find it fun to choose which books I'm going to do for this challenge. I'll be going through above mentioned pile along with all my books overflowing in my basket and closet and choosing amongst them. Why I find this so fun, I don't know. But it makes my week.
4. Yoga Pants. Okay, I'm a bit slow on the uptake but it's taken me awhile to get on the band wagon of this clothing item. Mainly because it horrifies me how it shows every bump and curve so well. But I found a wonderful pair that don't do that. So now I own two. They'll probably be out of style tomorrow just because I finally own a pair but I don't care because they are sooo comfortable.
UPDATE: The brand is Ellen Tracy and I purchased them at Costco. They even have tummy control and so far they haven't stretched out of size at all.
5. After vacuum look. Call me weird but I love how a house looks immediately after it's been vacuumed. It's almost a de-stress thing for me. Can't explain it, but I know it's a fave. Make of it what you will. ;v)
What are your favorites from the last week? Hope you had a week where they were easy to find and if you didn't, then bless you for searching for them anyway and joing in. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.