It's Friday and that means time to look for those things in your week that were blessings, moments of inspiration and uplifting. If you're new join in with this great group of bloggers and share with us. Guidelines are available here if you've never read them.
1. Real homemade pie crust chicken pot pie. I have made chicken pot pie before but always used the cheater's method (pre-made pie crust graciously supplied by the freezer section of ye olde grocery store) or I've tried alternative toppings such as corn bread topping or biscuit topping. But while delicious and different, they are so not a Chicken Pot "Pie" to me. But Monday I grabbed the bull, or lard as it were, by the horns and made a real, live pie crust. And it turned out wonderful and flaky and not that hard at all. Maybe it was the recipe I used but it had me wondering, "What was I so afraid of?" Who knows I might just try a pie next, or a tart, empanadas or a quiche. Look out world, I've got pie crust confidence.
2. Celebrating my son's 20th! Happy Birthday J! You've become a young man who's made his mama darn proud! I'm very thankful you're my son!
3. Listening to my two oldest talk anatomy on the phone. Both have anatomy classes for their courses, T for her kinesiology degree and J for his Emergency Medical Technician degree. It's fun hearing all the big words for parts of the elbow, wrist, shoulder blades, etc., etc. being discussed. And the encouragement that goes on back and forth between them does my heart good.
4. Raspberry hot chocolate. Creamy, chocolately, raspberry. I don't think I need to say more.
5. Moments of silence. So welcome at times. No tv, no background noise. Just a silence where I can actually hear myself think. Nice once in awhile.
What have your favorites been this week? Please share with us. And then add the link to your FFF post onto the Mr. Linky. Then take a bit of time and visit the other participants if you can. And then have a great weekned!