One more day! Christmas is on our doorsteps so I know how busy everyone must be. So thank you for popping by and joining in on taking a moment to find the blessings in the busyness. So in no particular order:
1. Christmas cards finished. Albeit late, but they are done. I always have such good intentions of getting them out the first week of December but this year that just did not happen. But they did get done. That is the main thing.
2. Ladies study group Christmas party. Always a nice time to share an evening of laughs and fun and gifts. I love not only studying with this great group of women but getting to know them as friends and the Christmas party is a looked forward to tradition with us.
3. My mom ended up in emerg with a kidney stone. A blessing in disguise because it was dealt with by that night rather than her having to wait until the original appointment in the 3rd week of January. Now if you know my mom, you know she is a worrier and that long wait would have wreaked havoc on her sleep and mind. Now, though it was a horribly long day (she went in at 3:30 a.m. and didn't have surgery until 8 p.m.), it is over and done with and she is onto recovery and a nice Christmas!
4. Oldest daughter home for Christmas. Arrived safe and sound and ready for a rest before she starts university the first week of January. I'm so glad to have her home for two weeks.
5. Having all the family together for Christmas. What a blessing it is. I'll take every minute of it because I know that won't last forever.
On this last Friday before Christmas I want to take the opportunity to wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas full of God's love, peace and joy! As you share blessings and gifts with your loved ones, may you remember the most precious gift of all, the Reason for the season, Jesus, Emmanuel, God with us.
(image courtesy of Vector Open Stock)