Friday, November 18, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #166
Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It's time to look back and reflect over the week and find things that have blessed us, whether big or small, and share 5 of them. If you're new, please read the guidelines here and then just join right in.
1. Long Weekend getaway. It was only a day trip but it was just what we needed. A beautiful drive there filled with sunshine. Stopping for our traditional snacks and coffee fill-up in a small town on the way. A fun family day at a big mall, shopping great sales. Dinner at a favorite restaurant. And then heading home.
2. A new cell phone screen protector. I knew I needed one. Mine still had the shipping seal on it because I didn't want to fork out the money they wanted where I bought my phone along with a fee for them to put it on. At the mall during our getaway there was a small kiosk with a lineup of people waiting their turn to get this stuff called Ghost Armor. For less than the price for just a screen protector at the place where I bought my phone, I got the Ghost Armor plus the installation was free. And this stuff is fantastic.
3. Watching my 16 yr. old's sense of humor come out. She had me and a couple of the dayhome kids in stitches. It was wonderful.
4. Having the yard clean up done. Before the snow falls. So glad that that chore is completely finished for once. I personally find leaves rotting in what should be pristine white snow not appealing. And having to clean the flower beds in the spring before I can even dig them up is not good times in my book. I don't know how but this year I was on top of it.
5. Having someone else do the dishes. A small but huge thing. So nice to have those dishes done after working all day and then cooking supper. Thank you to my two kids still at home for loading and unloading the dishwasher and to hubby, the official pot scrubber.
What have your favorites been from the week? Share in a post and then link that specific post in the Mr. Linky. Then go and have a wonderful weekend which maybe includes visiting the other participants and a nice cup of your favorite hot drink.