Friday, September 09, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #156
Welcome everyone to Friday's Fave Five. Are you ready to look for your blessings from the last week? Then please share 5 good things from your week with us. I know not every week is the same and some weeks are just darn difficult. That is the beauty of this exercise. It makes us pause and look and sift through all the hard stuff and find those things that been good in our lives. I encourage you to give it a try whether your having a good week and it's easy or whether you're having a tough one and you have to go digging.
Personally I've had a really busy week, not bad but just really busy. So I haven't really paid attention and just let blessings go right by without really taking pause to notice them. I'm glad that this is forcing me to slow down and reflect.
1. Easy transitions. Last week I said goodbye to a beloved 3 year old in the dayhome as she goes to spend a wonderful year at home with her mom and new sibling. And a new little one has started this week. Sometimes these weeks can be very stressful, both on child, parent and on me, the child care giver. But this little fella has transitioned well, with only one little incident of clinging and crying that only lasted a few minutes. That is remarkable and I am so thankful. He's fitting in very nicely and his smile just lights up the room.
2. Easy returns. I love a store that makes returns easy. I had bought towels at the beginning of July and I think I even mentioned "new towels" as one of my faves back then. Well those lovely towels turned not so lovely when they wouldn't stop throwing fluff even after 4 or 5 washings. Drying off with them was not nice. They took them back no problem even though it's been 2 months and past their exchange policy and gave me a gift card in equal value. Which was just fine with me because I still needed towels so bought another brand that is much better, thank you very much.
3. Easy going family. Like I said, it's been a busy week and I'm so grateful for my family being easy going about it this week. They've pitched in when I've had to rush out the door in the evening and that really takes a load off, let me tell you.
4. Easy Sunday lunch. The Sunday School had a kick off fundraiser at church right after service. A hot dog lunch with all sorts of toppings and fixings was yummy. My whole family loves hot dogs and I didn't have to cook and we helped out the Sunday School. Win, win if you ask me!
5. Easy mornings. This has been the first week back to school and college and so far the mornings have gone fairly smoothly. My kids are not little anymore but that doesn't mean there is not going to be bumps and glitches with getting out the door in the mornings. Other than a small timing issue with the bathroom amongst three of us one day, it's gone not too bad. A fairly stress free morning is definitely a blessing around here!
What are your favorites from the week? Share them in a post and link on up. Please link to your specific post and not your home page. If you're not sure how to do that drop me an email and I'll try to help ya out. Otherwise, have a great weekend everyone!