Friday, May 20, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #139
Welcome to Fave Fives. Are you all ready to look over the week and find five things from your week? Yes? Okay, let's get rolling.
1. Finding a book that I was wanting as a "keeper" for $3 at the library for sale. Love it when that happens.
2. Celebrations such as my Dad's 80th birthday last Saturday. It wasn't a long, drawn out affair but a really nice morning coffee surprise.
3. An unnoticed deal. A week after buying a shower curtain and matching hooks I dug the receipt out of the bag and lo and behold it was on sale. Whoo Hoo. That makes them even nicer. :v)
4. After the rain smells. How I love the scents that the rain brings out in the spring time. It's like all the dust and dirt is washed away and the smell of the new grass and earth and buds is given license to just freely waft. I could stand outside drawing in big breaths all morning when it's like that.
5. Last but definitely not least, my youngest girl being on the mend. After a horrendous weekend and beginning of the week with a huge infection of the skin deep inside her ears, 3 doctor visits, 2 specialist visits, 3 different eardrops, 2 different anti-biotics, a boatload of tears, a missed orchestra concert, 3 and 1/2 days off school and enough Tylenol 3's to knock out a baby elephant, she is finally starting to feel better. Whew. That was a rough one. It's not easy watching your child in that much pain. I'm so glad she is feeling better. Q-tips are now banned from within her reach.
What were your favorites this week? Take a pause in your busy day and reflect back to your blessings. Join us as we post on them and then sign on to Mr. Linky! If you need more info it's here. Have a great weekend everyone.