Weeks ago Faith from Gold in the Clouds awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. I don't know how Stylish this ol' blog is but I'm glad it blesses somebody. Thanks Faith. That was really sweet of you.
Now there are some "rules" that go with this award:
• First, thank and link back to the person who gave you this award
• Second, share 7 things about yourself
• Third, award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
• Then, contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won this award
Link back. Check.
Share 7 things. Coming right up. Check.
Award 15 recently discovered bloggers. Uh Oh. 15??? Oy Vay. Here is where it's going to get sticky. I'm a total rule follower but I'm going to have to break this one. With everything going on in this last while in my life I barely have time to post and read my regular favorites, never mind browse for new reads. I'll have to come up with a compromise before the end of this post. My goodness, my rule following self might implode.
Anyway. Seven things about myself. Oh dear, what don't you guys already know? Let's see:
- In the last couple of years I've discovered a real love of photography. I've learned how to get a bit creative with my trusty point and shoot. I love just grabbing the camera and going to see what interesting things I can find. In an effort to encourage me hubby got me a "big girl" camera for my birthday. Can we say a tad bit overwhelmed? But I'm determined to learn. I can hardly wait for good weather to get out there.
- I live in a very windy area. The winds the other day overturned a semi truck on the highway, blew the shingles and siding off of some houses about 20 minutes away from us and generally kept everyone hiding indoors. Can't complain too much, though, these winds known as chinooks, keep winter bearable because they are warm and melt the snow and usher in some nice days once they quite blowing. And they are not always here. The days they howl, and they do howl, though are a pain. Literally. I can get headaches from them.
- Plain potato chips and specifically Kraft Herb & Spice dip help to lessen and sometimes get rid of a really bad headache for me. Don't ask me why. But it works.
- When visiting my daughter last summer, she took me to an all you can eat Sushi restaurant and I've discovered I do like Sushi. And more than the "California Roll".
- I love anything pear scented. Hand soaps, lotions, candles, perfumes. The scent is just fresh and lovely to me.
- My dog loves craisins and oranges. Oh I guess that's really not about me. But oh well, I'm struggling to think of more "me" stuff.
- I prefer salty to sweet. I can bypass most sweets for the bag of chips. Alas, I'm supposed to watch my salt intake. Now how fair is that, may I ask?
Livin' Life on Bixby Avenue - Rachelle's blog is lovely. It's all about family, food and flowers. I love going to her site. It's like a refreshing break in my day.
Bungalow '56 - Dana's blog is amazing. She's got a wonderful sense of humor and is a great photographer. Her blog makes me smile. Now she just got this award given to her and she responded here so I'm not sure how she'll feel getting it again. But you can read her answers and still leave her a little encouraging comment. :v)
So there ya go. Thanks again, Faith.