Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fall Into Reading Question #10

Each Tuesday during the Fall Reading Challenge Katrina is asking  a question pertaining to reading.  It's been fun  getting to know people's reading habits and taking a look at my own.   This week's reading question from Katrina is:


Do you have multiple books going at once? Or do you prefer to stick to one book at a time?


I usually have several books going at once but of different genres.  I always have a fiction book on the go. Nothing new there.   But never more than one of those at a time, however.  That would just boggle my brain too much.  Then sometimes, key word being sometimes,  I have non-fiction teaching type book on the go though that really goes in spurts and takes me a lot longer to get through than a fiction.   I go through books at a ratio of probably 25 fictions to 2 non-fictions and unless those are biographies it is iffy whether I actually finish them or not.  Though this year I've been on a roll with the non-fiction have actually finished several from cover to cover.   I also, usually have a devotional or book that my bible study is doing going too. So yes, my reading life is just a bit of a juggle, but a good one.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Yup..i have at least 3 books going most of the time at same time. ALways one fiction. Always some kind of "Bible study" or a non fiction book for my small group, and always a devo book along with daily Bible reading. in the spring and summer months I almost always have some kind of book regarding the Adirondacks (usually nonfiction like a hiking or kayaking book, or an ADK history book). I LOVE to read!!!!

nikkipolani said...

Interesting to understand a little more about your reading habits. Since I have a somewhat lengthy commute every day, I have at least one audiobook going in the car and maybe one or two paper books to read by the fire at home.

Gattina said...

I am here again for FF5, lol ! While you are still sleeping peacefully in your bed I had already my 3rd cup of coffee, lol !