Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Random Dozen with the Lid



Join Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee for this week's Random Dozen. I'm sorry Lid, it's not letting me link to the specific post, just the home page.

1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like? I've never really been into the Wizard of Oz. I only watched it once as a kid. But from what I can remember I'll say the cowardly lion. Because sometimes I could really use some courage. Other times I feel like the wicked witch of the west. Yes, those PMS days will do that to a person.

2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why? Jeans are a given each day so I'll a top.

3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without? Does an insect count? Because I'm going to say Wasps, definitely Wasps.

4. How many Christmas trees are in your home? At this very moment? None. We put ours up the first weekend so that's coming on Saturday. But there will be two. The main one and then my daughters small one in her room.

5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak? I am such an emotion geared person I can't imagine life without emotions but if I could I don't think I would prefer that. Because then I also couldn't feel joy, love, a mother's pride, and all those good ones. I thik life would be pretty boring and we'd be like automaton's just doing what needed to get done. Even though heartbreak is hard, I'll take them all.

6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression? Not really but I'm close to someone who does go through it before the holidays and it's not an easy thing.

7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music? Some, though I owned any of his albums.

8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma? Wow, that is one hard, loaded question. I never thought of it that way and I have no idea why.

9. Enjoy horseback riding? Haven't rode in more than 20 years, and only rode once or twice in my life but I remember liking it but also being really scared.

10. Shoes--practical or stylish? Mostly practical but there's got to be a couple hot shoes in every girls closet!

11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic. I think our first pet was a bird when I was really little. I remember my mom telling me I used to be afraid of it landing on my head. Our next one was a rabbit that my sis talked my Dad into letting her have. It was the cutest thing. We gave it the totally creative name of Thumper.

12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done? Seeing we're trying to take it easy this year, I'd say I'm pretty much 80% done. Pretty much just my sis and my Mom left to shop for. I've even got the birthday girl's stuff done. Shhhh. Don't tell.

9 comments:

Melli said...

Ohhhh you are TOO good! 80% done! Wow! I'm sitting here right now trying to talk myself into getting the Christmas stuff out. That is what I SHOULD be doing... instead of blogging... but... here I am! Oy.

Finding Pam said...

I enjoyed reading your answers and learning some interesting things about you.

Sorry I have not been around much, but I have been working.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Faith said...

Loved your answers!! and good for you about the xmas shopping....I am almost done as well as we are keeping it much simpler. will try to post soon on this....i have a plumber here right now....sigh.... :)

Lisa Spence said...

Jeans are a given here too! And no Christmas trees up either.

Donnetta said...

I think maybe I'm hinging on being the wicked witch today. YIKES! Day 7 of this cold has me a bit tired and frustrated. Thanks for the eye opening. I need to finish the rest of my day as someone different.

Okay, with that said... I'm actually relieved to hear your tree isn't up yet. I was feeling quite behind given that mine isn't up yet either.

Like you we're also taking it easy on the gifts this year. Except for a couple of things for the kids, we're done also. Such a great feeling!

Joyce said...

I live in jeans most days but I enjoy dressing up too. I'm jealous of your shopping...I still have lots to do and am trying to finish up the decorating this week. Somehow it all gets done.

Barbara H. said...

Great job on having 80% of the shopping done! Our tree isn't up either.

I agree on #5.

Jerralea said...

I don't have my tree up yet, either.

I totally agree with your #5.

Also, I see no reason for wasps. What do they do that's worthwhile?They don't even make honey!

Jenna said...

I've always loved the Wizard of Oz. Seen it innumerable times. I enjoyed reading all these things about you! Very cool!