1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about? When I was in junior high I was teased mercilessly about my nose. I don't think about it anymore.
2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom? I really like Claire Huxtable. A strong lady who obviously really loves her hubby & family through thick and thin.
3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn? I speak enough Hungarian to get by. I don't know or understand the more complicated phrases but I'd be able to go over there and communicate enough to make myself understood. I have always wanted to learn to speak Spanish. It sounds so pretty to me. Around here in elementary school you have to take French in grade 4, 5 and 6. But I could never catch on to it. At junior high and senior high it optional. They also have schools where that's all you speak and all the work is done in french.
4. Who is your personal hero? I find this question hard. I don't know if I really hold any one up as a hero. But if I have to name somneone who has lots of qualities I really admire and wish I could be more like, maybe I'll say my friend who pastor's wife. She's a strong lady, who really loves the Lord and people. She accepts people where they are at and yet encourages and challenges them to keep going on with God and let Him change them and doesn't comprimise. That is so amazing to me. Even though she's is extremely busy, she has been there for me whenever I've needed her, even coming over with a meal and helping me with my dayhome when I broke my hand. She's incredibly giving. She has taught me a lot.
5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in? Uhm, that is a loaded question. LOL. I can't resist any holiday food, except maybe fruit cake or the oysters in the stuffing thing. I won't touch that stuff. But the rest? It's all there for the taking by moi.
6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value. I have several antique ornaments on my tree that were on our tree when I was growing up. A snowman, a bell and 3 glass pinecones. They are nothing fancy but they were my Mom's first ornaments. The snowman is older than I am. They just remind me of my childhood Christmas's which were always happy. Mr. Snowman's string finally broke this year so I have to fix him before I can put him on my tree.
Then there is this odd shaped, huge Christmas stocking. (The pic is from last year).
It's ultra special because coming up on 15 years ago on December 25th, they bought my most precious gift to me in that Christmas stocking. A beautiful, little girl. After she was born and they checked her out, Tia came all bundled up in that stocking complete with a little knitted Santa hat on her head and a Christmas card with her foot print on it. The most wonderful Christmas gift ever. Now she gets her birthday present, which I make sure to wrap in birthday paper first, tucked into that stocking.7. How do you feel about snow? Love it. Except when it comes with 70 km/hr (45 mph) winds and -44*C (-42*F) temperatures. Other than that I love snow. A brown Christmas is just not the same. I mean what is not to love about seeing it fall and creating a pure, untouched, glistening field of fresh snow out your front window, at least before all the school children get to it.
8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything. I'm bad. I'm a night owl so I stay up way later than I should and am always running sleep deficit. I usually get between 6 1/2 to 7 hours. I should be getting at least 7 1/2 or 8.
9. Tell me about your first crush. The same as Miss Linda's, I believe. A certain young (back then) singer who just happened to win the latest edition of Dancing with the Stars.
10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw? I'm so boring. I probably would leave it alone. I'd rather read.
11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast? Both, it's called layering. And survival.
12. Favorite Christmas movie is? Probably "It's a Wonderful Life", the original b&w version. But I also love "A Christmas Carol" with Patrick Stewart and I'm suspecting the new 3D "A Christmas Carol" will be amongst the faves too. It's pretty awesome. I also love "Christmas with the Kranks" and "Elf".