Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mr. Weatherman Did Not Get the Memo

Fall. My favorite season. I love the colors, the smells, the return to comfort foods. I love wearing the warmer sweaters and long pants. I love the cooler, brisk days.
But for some reason, our weatherman did not get the reminder memo of fall and decided instead to skip right over and jump headlong into winter. Either that or he took me too literally and gave gave me brisk to the nth degree.

This is what my backyard should look like right about this time of year:


Pretty, isn't it? This year's reality? Not quite the same:


Look at those poor trees. They didn't even get a chance to turn color before being hit with this:

But in spite of all the unfamiliarness of no autumn and the insane snow, it is good to know some things will never change. Like family around the table at Thanksgiving. Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks. And the middle school football team holding practise:

Go team go!

11 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh brrr...
Bring back Fall Mr. Weatherman :0)

nikkipolani said...

Am I mistaken or are you getting snow-creep? The snow keeps coming earlier and earlier for you guys! Your poor trees. Totally unprepared and still green!

Donnetta said...

UGH! And so it begins... BBRRRR!

I have already started my seasonal consumption of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte's as well. YUM!

Stay warm!!

Barbara H. said...

Maybe winter is just in for a quick preview, and hopefully fall will come back for a while longer before taking its leaves (HA!) for til the next year.

Do you take the dayhome kids outside when it snows?

Anonymous said...

What chilly photos these are LOL. I'm so glad I don't have to endure that LOL. Give me sunshine anytime. :) Thanks for sharing this and I look forward to many more pictures so I can see what you guys have to deal with. I know a lot of people like all the seasons but it just to dang cold for me :)

Karen said...

I feel your pain. Fall is my favorite time and it would make me so sad to skip over it. We had a bit of snow last week and it dulled the color on the leaves a bit. But we're back to sunshine for a few days, at least.

Brenda said...

Wow, I feel for you! That looks rather miserable to me!

Sarah said...

Gracious...we're going through a very similar fall...it's sad, but...what can ya do? :) Take more pictures, I guess. :)

Lovely post - the pictures really tell the story...can't believe the vast difference from last year and this!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, unbelievable. I feel bad for complaining about 39*. Wait a minute, no I don't.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh I feel for you...we have had that before but not this year. Perhaps that means we will have an early spring as well as an early winter.

Jewel said...

Oh my gracious, get those boys inside!!! haha.

Brr.. I'm sorry. =( Hopefully it will melt soon so you can still enjoy the beautiful fall colors.


Ditto to pumpkin lattes!