1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie? I have to admit I love going to the theatre to see a show. With a big bucket of theatre popcorn and a coke. But I hate to spend that kind of money on a regular basis, so our other option is at home. Love to curl up on the couch next to hubby with a bag of Lay's original chips and a selection of chip dips, herb & spice or dill pickle for me, onion for hubby.
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be? In all honesty I have never thought about it.
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker? Boy would I love to say I'm a hundred percent giver, but then I'd have to do some repenting for lying. I think it depends on the situation and if I'm feeling burnt out at the time or not. Sometimes it's easier to give of material things than it is to give of my time. I tend to be more selfish with my time. I wish I wasn't but I'm being honest.
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear? Both, though we do lean more toward being spontaneous.
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly? Definitely the top of my dresser. It seems to be the catch all and I ignore it until I can't stand it anymore or I run out of room, which ever comes first. I don't know where I got that because my mom is meticulous and her dresser is always neat and cleared off. As is my hubby's cupboard. Sigh. But it's a constant struggle for me.
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you. I love supporting Samaritan's Purse. I love that they are involved in helping those who are desparate need in so many ways both locally and world wide and I love how I can choose into which area my support will go. And bottom line is the gospel is going forth. You can click on their button in my sidebar to see all the great things they do.
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly? I don't often eat pb&j. Although once in a while I do like peanut butter and banana sandwiches with a nice cold glass of chocolate milk.
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous? I had to ask hubby and he says when I'm nervous I laugh a lot in the conversation. Go figure that one out. A therapist would have a hey dey with me.
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies? Check all the doors and make sure windows are shut, turn off cell phone, click the car lock button making sure the car is locked and toothbrush and jammies. Oh and can't forget the the wrist braces for carpel tunnel. Then when I lay down, I lay on my right and immediately flip the pillow over taking the top and making it the bottom. Always top to bottom. Weird.
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog? Not that I can think of at this moment. I'm honest but just believe there are some thing you don't put out there for the world to read. I'm very mindful of my family's feelings about having their lives put out there and make sure I respect that. And I like to lean more toward the be kind/be encouraging kinds of posts rather than venting kinds of posts.
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree? Nope, although once when I was babysitting the family phoned home to make sure I was there because they saw a girl in the bar who looked just like me. But that's not celebrity so ...nope.
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated? "The Voyage" and I'd dedicate to my hubby cause he's my first mate and I'm his.