Karyn at Over the Backyard Fence did an interesting meme last week: 10 things you do everyday. Interesting because I've never really thought about what I do each and every single day. So other than the really obvious things like hygiene stuff 'cause I'm sure you don't want to hear all about teeth & hair brushing and getting dressed, etc., here's what I thought of, in no particular order:
1. Have my morning coffee. I never, ever miss this most important step! ;v)
2. Get my girl up for school. How I became her personal alarm clock at this age, I'm not sure. This is Monday - Friday. During the school year. Oh, oh, does this count? Okay throw in get her up for church on Sunday. That only leaves Saturday. So I'm counting this one.
3. Greet the dayhome kids and parent at the door. While trying to look awake and chipper and ready to take on the day. Some days this is more of a feat than others. I am so not a morning person. Oh, I guess this is only Monday to Friday. Does this count as one?
4. Take my diuretic for mild high blood pressure, my calcium/magnesium for my bones of course, and my Vit B complex so that I don't turn into the wicked witch of the west.
5. Try to think of what to make for 2 snacks, one lunch meal (for 6 preschoolers) and one dinner (for a family of four one of whom will not eat beef or pork).
6. Make aforementioned snacks and meals.
7. Try to teach and amuse 6 preschoolers for 9 - 10 hours a day.
8. Try to read my bible and devotionals at some point each day. I struggle with setting a certain time for this so I try to make sure I get it in a some point. I know I should probably get to bed earlier so that I can get up earlier to do this but my natural body rhythm is "night owl" not "early bird".
9. Greet my kids and hubby and ask how their day was as soon as they come in the door. I try to make this a priority and be in the kitchen or living room when they come home so that I can greet them and ask about their day. Sometimes it's really hard with the dayhome kids around but I want my kids to be able to talk to me if they want to about things that happened in their day as soon as they come home if that is what they need. Some days I fail and there is constant interruption but I try.
10. Read. I read each and every single day. And that's books. I cannot fathom not having read a portion of a book each day. It's such a part of me that I can't even think what not having a book or six laying around waiting to be read from would be like. It is not lost on me what a blessing access to reading and books is. My heart aches for those in other countries who don't have access to books. I don't know what I would do with myself. Take away my books and I'd be in withdrawl. Scary.
There is lots more I do each and every single day, but those are the first that came to mind. Funny how you don't realize what is so routine to your life until you actually start to think about it and list it. And I didn't even list blogging. So there you go, unlike some people think around here, there is more I do every day other than blog. :v)
So now I'm curious. What do you do each and every single day?