Sunday, August 17, 2008

Word for the Weekend - Genesis 9

Photo Credit: Rodolfo Clix, Brazil

"And God said,
This is the sign of the covenant I am making
between me and you and every living creature with you,
a covenant for all generations to come:

I have set my rainbow in the clouds,
and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.


Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds,
I will remember my covenant between me and you
and all living creature of every kind.

Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.
Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds,
I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant
between God and all living creatures
of every kind on the earth."


Genesis 9 : 12 - 16 NIV

3 comments:

Pam said...

You know how I love rainbows and the promise attached.

Have a blessed Lord's Day, dear Susanne.

SmilingSally said...

When we celebrated our 50th anniversary this past July 7th, God gave us a rainbow. We took a picture of it and have put that in a scrapbook.

Mountain Mama said...

Every time I see a rainbow I am reminded of His promise.
This is a lovely passage.
One day my sister and I were driving on I-5 and we drove right through a rainbow. It was awesome!