In case you missed it or can't get enough here is last night's results night performance.
I think it's amazing. I know there has been lots of hullabaloo over the internet about it. Lots of hashing it out and analyzing it. My thoughts? I personally think God works in mysterious ways. If He knows of one person out there who would be brought to Him He works things together for that. Only He knows hearts and what the impact these last two weeks of songs with faith and His goodness had on the singers, the cast, the cameramen, the musicians, whether they were believers or not. Can you imagine how many times they went over the song memorizing it, then in practice and rehearsal? Those words were washed over them every time. And the impact on the audience watching. He knows if there was but one heart who needed to hear those lyrics. He uses what means He will. Who am I to put Him in a box, after all he used a lowly little donkey to speak to a prophet, he used an unknown person to cast out demons in the New Testament ( Luke 9: 49 - 50), he used marching in silence of all things to cause Jericho to fall. For 7 days. Round and round. And round. I'm sure had we been around then we would have been questioning that too. His ways are not my ways and I am not privy to everyone's hearts and all His workings. Only He is. And I pray that the Holy Spirit was able to minister to each and everyone of them through it in the way that He knows they needed. May it be a moment they will never forget and a pivotal point they can point to and say the Lord touched them that night! And I applaud the producers for taking the risk. And millions got to hear that nothing compares to the promise they have in the Lord.
By the way, right now it is also the #1 download on iTunes. What a message that is sending to those in the music business!
And with that I'm moving into filling up my Thursday Thanks Tank a day late. Because I really, really want to do one. I've been sadly negligent in doing this since breaking my hand, but I really missed doing it. There is something about actually sitting down and naming the blessings from the Lord that have come your way during the week. It changes your focus and builds your faith.
1. I am thankful that the Lord is my Saviour, my love, my comfort, my shelter, my tower of refuge and strength. I am so thankful He is there, even when my humanness doesn't sense it. I am thankful His Word says He will never leave me or forsake me and that He is trustworthy. I will Shout to the Lord my thankfulness that He sought me and reached me and didn't give up on me.
2. Did anyone notice anything different? Look again. Jules (Everyday Designs), the wonderful designer of my site, did a bit of spring sprucing up and gave me a new background. Okay, can anyone say, totally me. I looooove it. I've always loved the swirly stuff, so I'm beyond thrilled. I may not be able to spruce my house up right now for spring, but by golly, thanks to Jules, my 'lil ole site got a sprucing up! Thanks Jules. If you want a new spring outfit for your blog, Jules is great to work with. Go on over and talk to her.
3. I am thankful to my dear hubby and my teens for taking up the extra slack with chores and even with helping with the dayhome kids during this last 5 weeks. My dear hubby has shelled out for take out more often than we ever normally would and I really appreciate that!
4. I am so thankful for my pastor's wife who immediately took the time to arrange for meals to be sent to me for a whole week when I first broke the hand. That she would take time from her very busy schedule and not delegate that really touched my heart. She even came and helped me with the dayhome one day. I am truly grateful for her friendship. I have never met a pastor's wife quite like her.
5. I am very, very thankful for my friend E. who dropped everything for days to help me out. She was totally there for me and continues to be as I have regular appointments with the OT and the surgeon. I don't know what I would have ever done without her.
6. I am thankful for all my blogging friends and for your wonderful words of encouragement, your cards that made me smile, and your emails to let me know you didn't forget about me. I am amazed at this blogging world I have found and how you all were there to lift my spirits when I really needed it.
7. I am thankful for good books. I am very thankful we have incredible access to books. And that our children have access to books. That is an incredible privelage we sometimes take for granted.
Thursday Tanks Tank headquarters is over at Without Fear and hosted by Pam.