Whew, busy day today with the kids. I'm finally able to get on here and take a few moments to slow down and give thanks. What a blessing doing an intentional thanks is starting to be. Even in busy times when everything seems to be chaos, slowing myself down and looking for the hand of God in my life makes me more aware of Him and His goodness.
1. I'm thankful for the snow yesterday. Yes, you read that right. I really am thankful. It melted quickly and provided some much needed moisture.
2. I'm thankful for fall. I love fall. I'm thankful for the cooler weather.
3. I'm thankful for my five senses at this fall time. To see the lovely colors coming out in the leaves. To smell that musty fall smell of leaves and fireplaces going. To hear the starlings singing their hearts out. To feel the crunchiness of the leaves underfoot. To taste the fruits of harvest time, like that apple pie cake from yesterday's post. (Scroll down for the recipe).
4. I'm thankful that my hubby is handy dandy at electrical things and was able to run me a new light switch for the laundry room.
5. I'm so thankful Ladies Bible study is starting back up. I really missed getting together with other women and studying God's word.
6. I'm very thankful for my pastor's wife who is a very giving, beautiful inside and out, lady. God has placed us in this fellowship and I'm so grateful to be able to get to know her.
7. I'm thankful for my oldest girl, who for the most part, very willingly, has taken over some of the taxiing services of the family. What a load of pressure that takes off of me.
8. And I'm thankful to participate in this intentional thankfulness that Peach started.
If you'd like to join in you can pick up the button at Without Fear and let Peach know in the comments there.