Monday, September 24, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

Found in my last week's menu plan comment:

Mother,
i think that i have a few suggestions and tweaks to make to this weeks menu :)


Monday -perogies
tuesday- nachos
wednesday -perogies
thursday -.. grilled cheese :)
friday - perogies
saturday -tacos
sunday -... sushi at ______ :)

doesnt that sound tasty?


Ya think the girl likes perogies? While that does tickle the tastebuds, Kay, I see a definite pattern of cheese and sour cream. Ahhh, a girl after my own heart. However, there is nary a veggie in site, except maybe the lettuce and tomatoes in the tacos. But I will try to incorporate some of your ideas, this week.



Monday: paprika potaotes (a type of stew with sausage, potatoes, green peppers and paprika)

Tuesday: multigrain encrusted tilapia, perogies, mixed veggies

Wednesday: Ethel's Cabbage Soup, drop biscuits

Thursday: soft tacos, mexi fries

Friday: scrounge day

Saturday: linguine with meat sauce


I've made Friday my scrounge day. It seems by the end of a long work week and with 2 out of 3 kids more than likely working that evening, cooking is the least likely thing that I want to do. So for the 3 of left at home, I'm going to try to make that scrounge day. Then when I'm home all day Saturday, I can make a nice dinner. Sundays as usual, remain up in the air, because I never know what is happening that day.

How'd I do Kay? I know I didn't get everything but I need to grocery shop for some of the stuff on your list. Thanks as always to Laura at Organizing Junkie for organizing Menu Plan Mondays and helping us all to get more, uhm, organized.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Kay...I love perogies! Enjoy your menu...

Jen said...

What are perogies? Sorry. Your menu sounds wonderful........I love soups in the fall.

Renee said...

Great menu plan! Do you make homemade perogies? Have a great week!

Joyful Days said...

Sounds like a good week. I was just thinking we needed to add pirogies soon!

Scrounge day--I like that, we always say "Fend for yourself!"

Islandsparrow said...

Perogies are the latest favourite among the teens at this house too! With sour cream and ketchup (I don't think ketchup is traditional - it must be a maritime addition :)

Cyndi said...

Yum! Okay, I need a perogie recipe I think. :)

Barb said...

I don't know, Susanne. I kind of like Kay's list. LOL

You know, setting aside one night a week for scrounging is such a good idea. Around here, we call it "dig-ups" which my sister founded. Dinner is whatever you can dig up. It's a great way to clean out the leftovers. Not that I have any of those any more, with Rob gone during the evenings. But still, it's a great idea and it gives you a much deserved break.

Laura said...

Your daughter is hilarious! I love perogies too, yummy!

Much Ado said...

Love the idea of Scrounge Day!!

Karla Porter Archer said...

so funny she put that on there.

i haven't had perogies in a long time.

blessings,
karla

Beck said...

Oh, perogies are my favorite too! Can you email me the recipe for the Mexican fries? I have a fry-loving baby here.

gail@more than a song said...

How cute, I loved her comment! And aren't you sweet to add it! Nice menu.