Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ya Learn Something Everyday!


Well who knew? Did you? What am I talking about? Oh, ya. Well, I have been uploading photos into Photobucket when the blogger photo upload has not been working and then pasting the Html into my edit to obtain my photo. Well last week, I'm thinking I've got all these pictures I won't use again in my photobucket album, so I start deleteing them to make more room. So today a newcomer left a comment, and I checked back to the post because I couldn't quite remember which one it was, and lo and behold, some of the pics are missing!!!

Sigh, I do tend to learn things the hard way! Who knew that when I deleted them out of photobucket I'd delete them out of my site! And out of my sight, too. I can't remember which ones were there. Which poses the question, what else did I delete out there and is now missin off my site. Guess I know what I'll be doing on the weekend!

Ah well, as my beloved Godmom, always said as I made mistakes growing up, "You live and you learn".

10 comments:

Barb said...

That's really weird Susanne. I just learned exactly the same thing. Only I deleted my mother's profile photo and guess what? I can't get it back. I mean I have the photo but you know how ridiculous blogger is about profile photos. I've made it so small if I COULD get it to go into her profile people would just think there's a bug on their monitor screen. I did NOT know that if you deleted a photo in photobucket it would disappear from everywhere you posted it. You'd think they'd tell us that.

I wonder if my mom has noticed her photo isn't there any more. Sigh....

Susanne said...

barb: oh, oh, think you'll get grounded when she finds out?

Lauren: Ya so sad. It was your bouquet I lost. Shoulda asked you. Maybe I'll send you another one!

Sarah said...

Since the image is "hosted" on photobucket, it won't show up anymore because the link is nonexistent once you delete it. Bummer, dude.

I have good news for you, though. I have been using photobucket for a while (I think you left a comment on my WFMW post about it). I now have a new photographic love. Picasa. I think I will do a new WFMW post about it because ohmygoodness, it is awesome. Words fail me in the exaltation of its bloggy goodness. Check it out - I believe you will love it.

Dianne said...

I have storage space on my Comcast account and I just upload the images there, then copy the location from previous images in my template. This has been working pretty well and I don't miss that extra interface.

Shawna said...

Well, thanks for the info, Susanne. I did not know that. Just dropping by to say "Hi" as I have been out of pocket lately, so I will catch up on your posts now. :-)

Girl Raised in the South said...

Well,thanks for telling me or I so would have done that. I had no idea. So they have to stay in our photobucket albums FOREVER? Who knew?

savvycityfarmer said...

Maybe with enough of these comments blogger will get their act together...found you early this morning while enjoying my starbucks....be back to chat soon.

Shalee said...

I had a feeling that would happen. It's a good thing that I don't listen to you ALL the time.

Oh and the way I've heard the saying is this:

You live and you learn; then you die and forget it all.

Hen Jen said...

Hey Susanne,

I am bopping around blog-dom to see if anyone is commenting on the new blogger beta, I remember someone complaining about not being able to make comments after switching, can't remember who. Have you switched? why or why not? thought I aks this under your photo buket whoes, kind of computer related. Asking now cause susie is about to give me a new 'do' and I want to know if I should switch first.
blessings,
Jenny

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I've never thought of using photobucket...hmmm...you are always full of good ideas.