Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Five Meme

I saw this little questionaire in the midst of one of my daughter's stuff and thought I'd nab it and use it for a meme. I thought it was quite interesting and had to really think on some of the answers.

1) Five Minutes to yourself. How would you spend them ideally?
I was going to answer doing something with the family, but then I saw it said to myself. Myself, I think being the key word here. So I think, given the time limit, I going to say with a hot cup of coffee and my book curled up in the rocker.

2) Five Dollars to spend right now. How or where would you spend it?
On a nice new lip color/gloss for fall. Seeing all my lip colors went out with the poofy hair and Linda Evans shoulder pads.

3) Five Items in your house you could part with right now?
-the sweaters with the Linda Evans shoulder pads
-the flip flops that blistered my toes this summer
-the futon downstairs that has a bend in it
-the bazillion stuffed animals in my daughter's room (mind you they are not mine to part with, does that count?)
-the clock in the shape of a guitar made out of wood with the metal flower on it (the one that
looks like I stole it from Elvis' house)

4) Five Items in your house you absolutely, positively could never part with?
-my photos and framed pictures
-my copper tooled picture of the Last Supper that Beloved Hubby's dad made
-all the hand drawn pictures and notes of love my kid's made when they were little
-my wedding and family rings
-my camera

5) Five Words you love?
-Iloveyou (ok, I admit, I cheated)
-Sale
-Thanks
-Grace
-giftcertificate


Just as a note: I found this really hard, you know how I am with having to list only a certain amount of anything. But the one I found really hard to list was #4. I really went on a heart search with that one. Things that came to mind I thought if it came right down to it I could do without probably most "things" or "items" in my house, even stuff I consider so important to my daily existence. Like *gasp* my computer. If it was all taken away it would hurt but I would make it without it. It might leave a hole for a while, but it would get replaced with something else. And all the "things" are replaceable. Thinking on what I could not part with it was more thoughts like my family, my Lord, the love and laughter, the memories. Even when I thought of my bible, I thought if God told me to give it to somebody, even that is replaceable. But I had to list items I could not part with so the one's I listed are, in their own way, irreplaceable.

Didn't mean to get all philosophical on you with a meme, but I found it quite interesting the road it led me down. And who said meme's were just fillers for the days you couldn't think of anything else to post.

Okay now Tag 5 people. I'll tag Lauren, PastorMac's Ann, Kate, Susie & Beck.

7 comments:

Beck said...

Great list! (I particularily liked "giftcertificate") I'll do mine tonight!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Absolutely, Get a new lipstick, Those 5 dollars are yours!

Shalee said...

This is a really great meme, Susanne, even if you did pilfer it from your daughter. :-)

And I love the note at the end. That's the way I am about my things too. I want to love them just enough to appreciate them and then to let them go.

Kate said...

Loved your end note - most things that are not "that" impt.are irreplaceable, thank goodness! Ok, this will be fun. I'll do it tonight or tomorrow morning - got a loaded day - ugh!

Barb said...

I love your answers. And I love the endnote even more. Some of the simplest things are the things we would really be heartbroken to lose.

Janice said...

Susie tagged me for this meme and I really enjoyed doing it.
Janice

Laura said...

Love your note at the bottom...so in line with what I was trying to say in my purging article. I couldn't agree with you more....espsecially about the photos. Those would definitely be hard to part with. Laura